Excited. Okay. Take a deep breath. Breath in.
Commitments, a word that I used to be afraid of. Not anymore, since now I met a bunch of awesome people last month. Yeah, as I said in the Comeback Pt 1, a roller coaster is a fun ride! What are you talking about? I know, getting confuse huh? Let me spell it out for you.
The commitments I'm talking about is not about getting attach to any relationship but I'm now an agent of change for thinklab© and I challenge myself to do podcast. Podcast is a radio programme that is stored in a digital using signals in the form of numbers form that you can download from the Internet and play on a computer or on an MP3 player. I'm challenging myself because I am an introvert kind of person. By putting myself in this commitment, I hope that I will gain more knowledge and the most important thing is I boost up my confident level a lil bit higher. Now that I am the assistant for the new upcoming event, Agents of Change Program - MAKMAL© Series, I hope to build communication skills.
Owh, before I forget, please excuse me, and give a big applause to Dinah Rakhim for introducing me to this thinklab©.
Just to share with you that thinklab© is not just a social network page (FB), or webpage but more than that. We (the agent of change where these cool people are) will meet every Saturdays at around 10am, and we'll talk and discuss, and the most crucial part is we make things happen. The target is to be the 1st design platform in Malaysia, may not be the best but we want to be the bridge to the world out there and to create awareness of how important design is, what design capable of, what design can solves, the list go on and on.
Its a pleasure for me to come every week despite the fun I've missed hanging out with my friends, it's because I get the chance to 'work' my brain(s) out, in a very relaxing ambiance and 'sempoi' way. They are very cool and welcoming. I love the positive vibes they spread, the jovial laugh, the old-school style, the awesomeness and the great minds to be hang out with. Yeah, they are from different background, architecture, industrial, interior, free lancer, media, designer, graphic, you name it but we will find one point so that everybody can meet eye to eye. It always does. We'll find solutions, in fact, they have a lively spirit and a lot of enthusiasm and can often stay focused on a creative project and forget everything around them. An artistic personality type solves problems by creating something new.
At the end of every session, we get to evaluate ourselves which we can see from time to time, where actually we are standing. What were happening, what is going on, and what are we intend to do for the next week, next month, next year, perhaps. It made me think, enormously most of the time, what I can do to contribute, what should I say, what I should not, how to make things work, etc.
Yep, I can read your mind, what do I get? This is a non profit organisation. I did it voluntarily. I know I may not gain anything but in matter of fact I gain so much and more. It's basically for my self establishment, but in the long terms, I get to build networks, confidence, and not forgetting trust.
Should you find this article interesting enough and eager to join us, let me know and I am so very please to lead you the way. So, basically what Agent of Change will have is:
- Meeting : Every Saturdays (except if there are events or the management stated the other way around)
- Time : 10.00am
- Venue : TBC by admin
- Fees : Free admission
Ps: it's not compulsory to attend every weekend, but there're a lot to be missed =P
Breath out.
No comments:
Post a Comment